Tuesday, March 11, 2008

we're calling th cops!

This is the perfect first blog entry. A fruitloop walks into a bar and orders a drink. The waitress cards her and she doesn't have an ID. So she tells her to talk to the bartender and see if he will serve her (knowing that I will not. This server and I have a good time making people jump through paper hoops into a brick wall. Long story, I don't server her and she's, of course, ticked. "But I come here all the time, I just left my ID in my luggage." She goes back to her party, I ask anyone if they recognize her, no one does. Now on staff today we have me, I've worked there 3 years +, 2 waitresses that have worked there longer and 2 that are at about 2 years...you would think someone would know her. The party (geniuses) ask for a new waitress, because the first wouldn't serve her. THey also shift over one table and the manager notices that the wine glasses are now in the middle of the table and everytime someone walks around the corner one member is watching. Sadly, what they didn't realize is that I can now see the table from the well. I wait and I watch....there she goes grabbing the glass and drinking. Now she's mine.

I walk over to the table and let off some steam. She replies with, "the waiter didn't even card him and that's the funniest thing. I'm getting a hard time and he's underaged."

"Thanks for letting me know." and I yank all the drinks.

Turns out the last waitress on knew them and they were both 21, but they decided to cause trouble and were said they were going to call the cops. Then they started asking for my information and before I could get to them the other manager on duty gave them my FULL name. I'm surrounded by morons. Fortunately, she spelled my name wrong.

Can you imagine that call to the cops. I'd pay to hear that recording. "so let me get this straight...you weren't served because you didn't have id, but they served your friend without ID and you're both over 21? So what laws were broken? Oh he took your drinks after you said you weren't 21? And that's a violation of? Are you currently in a motor vehicle?"

click.

1 comment:

Ali said...

I love how people bluster. Great story.

I'm thrilled to have another person who works at a bar on the Round Table. Welcome.